Franklin Child Dependency & Neglect Attorneys
Dependency and neglect cases arise when a parent is accused of neglecting
or abusing their children. It is not a criminal case, but a civil case
that encourages parents to make positive life changes to improve the welfare
and safety of their children. Many dependency and neglect allegations
often occur in cases involving parents with addiction issues or parents
going through other tough times.
Whether or not you filing or defending a Petition for Dependency and Neglect
take a moment and speak with us. Learn more about what you can expect
in your case and how you should proceed with your dependency and neglect issues.
of your case at (615) 645-1388.
Determining Neglect & Dependency
A child is considered dependent or neglected if:
- The parent abuses or abandons the child
- The parent allows another individual to abuse or mistreat the child
- The parent fails to provide the necessary medical or educational care
- The child is living in an unsafe environment
- The child is homeless
- The child has run away from home
Contact our team
at (615) 645-1388 if you are facing a dependency and neglect case.