How Do I Change My Name After My Divorce?


Discuss with your attorney if you are wanting to change your name after your divorce is final. If you do, the name change will be placed in the final decree of divorce that is filed with the court and will be signed by the Judge. Once your final decree of divorce is entered by the Judge, you can request a certified copy of the document from the court clerk, which you can then use to change your name with the social security administration and the DMV.

Share To: