Where Should I File for Divorce?


Under Tennessee law, the complaint for divorce should be filed in the county where you and your spouse last lived together at the time of separation, or where your spouse now resides if it is still within the state of Tennessee. If your spouse does not live in Tennessee or is a convict, then you can file in the county where you reside if you have lived there longer than six (6) months.

Share To: